Thursday, June 3, 2010

Growing

I think Claire is going through a growth spurt. I say this because she used to sleep through the night pretty well, but lately she's been waking up every four hours at night. (That's not really very fun, especially when she used to sleep 6-8 hours!) But, as I always tell her, I'll always feed her if she's hungry.


She has outgrown her newborn diapers. We have just a few more that we are using up, but I've already switched to using size 1 diapers at night and for long car rides, (like on our way home from Dallas last Friday).

She has also grown into her 0-3 month clothes. Up until this week, she wore only newborn clothes. But they were getting pretty snug on her, especially in the length, so she has graduated to the next size. It's fun to get to choose her clothes from a completely new wardrobe! Doesn't she look adorable today?!!!


Claire is 10 weeks old today! She is completely full of smiles in the mornings and afternoons. It is so sweet to walk into her room in the morning and see her smiling face looking up at me. (It's hard to get her to smile when I'm behind the camera; I haven't mastered that one yet). Yesterday and today she has begun to make some laughing sounds. - This reminds me of when she started smiling. I saw a few "pre-game" smiles that I thought were smiles. - And yesterday and today she has made some sounds that I believe are "pre-game" laughs. She has also made some other new sounds this week, including "oo" and a razzing or rasping sound. Claire will also bear some weight on her legs when we hold her up.

The changes that have occurred during the past 10 weeks are just amazing to me!

Here she is the day she was born:

And here she is when she was almost a month old:

And just look at her now!

3 comments:

Lee Hervey said...

She has grown since last week when I saw her! I love that she is starting make more sounds! That is so fun! I love and miss you all!

Mel said...

Trying laughing while you take the pictures. That works for me. Also, you have to master holding the camera in the perfect spot without looking through it and still take the picture, so they can see your face and your smile.

Tasha said...

They do grow up so very fast, especially when they're this small! Enjoy watching her change!