Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Home, Sometime Soon

Last weekend we went to Baton Rouge to look for a place to live. We saw a wide range of places - from a junky, college-type apartment, (where we had to bypass a beer bottle in the middle of the road to leave the street), to a 3 bedroom home with TONS of space, (more than we need, really), and a beautiful yard. We decided to go for the middle-of-the-road, 2 bed, 2 bath condo. It's actually more like a duplex, but it calls itself a condo. I'm so excited about it!

It is in a nice area that has a neighborhood feel to it.
The living room (-Claire was so good while we looked at places!!)
The master bedroom
The master bathroom
The 2nd bathroom
Claire's room
The kitchen - I love how big and open it is!!
And I love the color on the walls. I have lived in an apartment for 10 years, and the walls have basically all been white or almost white. So this green kitchen is awesome to me!
I love the detail of the woodwork.

The patio area
And our two-car garage!!!
After our time with the realtor, we picked up some lunch and made it back to the hotel in time to watch US tie England in the World Cup game. (What a goal, huh?!!) That night we went to a recommended seafood restaurant that was really good, and then we drove down to find the stake center and the temple. They are only 10 minutes from our home!! And Jordan's school is only 5 minutes from home. He is so excited to be able to stop his 40 minute commute that he has right now.

I am so excited that we have a place to live once we get to Baton Rouge. It was fun driving around and trying to learn the area. Jordan can download Google Maps to his brain, and he can already get around Baton Rouge pretty well. I still have a dial-up connection, so it will take me a bit longer to get to know Baton Rouge, but I'll get it eventually!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I'm afraid this will be one of the only moves that I won't be able to come and help decorate. What a sad break in tradition!!!