Saturday, September 25, 2010

6 Months

Claire is six months old today!!! And, as always, I just can't believe it! She has certainly changed a lot during that time. I enjoy watching her grow and develop.

These are some things Claire is doing these days:
  • She rolls around A LOT. There is carpet in her bedroom and our bedroom, but the rest of the house has hard floors. So we have blankets spread over about half of the living room, and I still have to move her back onto her blankets sometimes.
  • When she's on her tummy, she often pulls her legs underneath her. She also pushes her body up with her arms, but she never does both at the same time.
  • If she sees something she wants, she works her way towards it until she gets it.
  • She knows what she wants when it comes to eating. She STARES at her bottle when I'm getting her set up to eat and when she takes a burp break. And she grabs for her bottle and can hold it by herself sometimes. There's no fooling around with eating for her!
  • She has been waking up in the night a few times a week during the past few weeks. But the other nights she still sleeps until 7-9am.
  • She is having a hard time going to sleep for naps and sometimes for bedtime. It's getting frustrating. In fact, I think I've had enough. I think I'm going to break her of that habit before I start feeding her solid foods. (I don't want to introduce too many changes at once).
  • Jordan says, "She starts hyperventilating when she sees Mom." - Sometimes that's a good thing because it's sweet. I know she knows me, she loves me, she wants me. Sometimes it's a bad thing because she can be just fine playing, but then she sees me and she turns completely fussy.
  • Her hair is growing a little bit. I don't think many other people would notice that, but Jordan and I can tell she is getting a little bit more hair. It's cute when it stands up a tiny bit.
  • She is always trying to sit up, but she ends up doing baby crunches instead.
  • She is very observant and curious about what she sees around her. I love watching her look at things.


1 comment: