Friday, February 25, 2011

11 Months

I love my sweet Claire! She makes me laugh, she makes me smile, and she makes me work! I'm so, so glad she's in our family, and I can't believe she's been with us for 11 months already!

She weighs 21 pounds (61st percentile) and is 29.75 inches long (84th percentile). This week, as I have looked at Claire, I've had a few of those moments when I've thought, wow, she looks bigger today than she did yesterday.


Claire loves to play a game, and she always initiates it by herself. It goes a little something like this. I'm in the living room doing something. Claire is in the living room playing. Suddenly, she crawls to the doorway of my room and pauses for a moment while she looks back at me with a big smile on her face. She wants me to chase after her! If I meet the glimmer of hope in her eye with a speck of acknowledgment in mine, the race is on! I chase her into my room and often into my bathroom, and then I take her back into the living room, where the entire game is likely to happen again within 5 minutes!

Claire loves to point. She loves walking with her walker. She is still quite wobbly while taking a few steps on her own, but she is so proud of herself when she does it. She has increased her babbling to include more than one consonant at a time. Instead of saying "ba ba ba ba," she says something that sounds more like Porky Pig before his, "That's all, folks!" She likes to look at books by herself, and she loves it when I read them to her.


Claire has been sleeping through the night for a little over a month now. (I LOVE that!) It just took me NOT going into her room for 2 nights before she stopped expecting me to come in.

When I ask her where her nose is, she points to her nose - or at least gets close. Also, there's a book we read that mentions a nose, and she has just begun pointing to her nose when we get to that page. But she also points to her nose sometimes when I ask her something else. I love watching her learn things!

Claire also had fever for the first time last night. Thankfully, Tylenol is helping her feel better. But even with a fever, she is a happy little girl! (You can see that even when her eyes are closed in these pictures!) She is so wonderful! We love her so much, and I'm so grateful for her!!!

No comments: