Sunday, December 1, 2013

Dayton Bond Cooper

On Friday, November 22, Jordan and I went to the hospital so I could have this baby!!! I was certainly ready!


At week 37, this baby's head and belly were measuring beyond 42 weeks. Because this baby was measuring big and because Claire had a broken clavicle upon delivery, we chose to go with a c-section this time.

Jordan basically hand-selected everyone who worked and cared for me during the c-section. From the back-up OBGYN to the CRNA to the anesthesiologist, Jordan selected the best for me. That was comforting.

When Shelly gave me a spinal, my legs went warm and tingly, and they had me lie down quickly. Eventually I felt pretty weird and very tired, but this baby still came out healthy and strong.




At 12:14pm, Dayton Bond Cooper was born! He weighed 8 pounds, 15 ounces. He was 20.25 inches long. His head circumference was 38cm. Look at how handsome he is!


And look at all of that hair!


Mom, Dad, and Dayton





Proud Daddy!

Our newest addition

Jordan went with Dayton while my doctor finished sewing me up. When I went back to the recovery room, Claire got to sit with me and meet her little brother. She already loves him so, so much!



We’re so thankful that Dayton is here with us, that he’s healthy, and that we are now a family of four. Wow! Just thinking about that sometimes seems a bit crazy!

No comments: