Sunday, June 15, 2008

Our Father's Day Meal

Happy Father's Day, Dad! To celebrate Father's Day today, my siblings, their families, my parents, and I gathered and had a great meal together! My dad absolutely LOVES seafood, so we had some Copper River king salmon in his honor. (Also, my mom really does NOT like seafood very much, so when we cook seafood at home, it's usually on Father's Day or on my dad's birthday!)

I know this picture has nothing to do with dinner, but I really like it. Taylor always finds ways to entertain himself, and today he made a maze with yarn all over the solarium! I left for church soon after I took this picture, so I don't know how much more entwined it got! Actually, Taylor didn't call it a maze; he called it a trap. I hope he caught whatever he was trying to catch!




Now we're to the dinner pictures. Marcus had a great looking plate of food in front of him. There was some corn that had been cut off the cob on his plate. But when he saw the cob, he knew exactly what he wanted! (He just didn't know which way to put it in his mouth!)


Now he got it right! He ate all the corn off of this cob, and he started on another one, too!


Here's the happy family with Marshall and Jennifer. We didn't want to risk removing the corn from Marcus's hands for the pictures because then he might not be so happy!


See? Here's what happens when the corn was not in his mouth!



Peter and Taylor are enjoying their dinner.


Jordan and I did, too.





But Laura, (who does not like seafood, either), was trying to get away from the salmon that Peter was trying to force her to eat!!!


Peter and Taylor also got a little crazy for the camera!


After dinner the dads opened some presents. (Stay tuned for another blog on my dad's present). Taylor got Peter some things for Father's Day. They were wrapped up, and they were all in a big yellow bag. Since Peter is such a great dad, he did what any great dad would do. He let Taylor open his present for him! Taylor had a great time digging each item out of the bag, unwrapping it, and showing Peter what it was. He got some wrenches, a flash light, and duct tape. But the best gifts by far were the soap dispenser, the toothbrush holder, and the bathroom cup, which were all as fun as a barrel of monkeys!!!!


No comments: