Friday, March 26, 2010

Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!

She's here!!! Our adorable, beautiful, perfect, sweet, gorgeous little girl is here with us now!!! Her name is Claire Lois Cooper. (Lois is my grandmother's name). She was born March 25th at 2:40pm, and she weighed 9 pounds and was 21 inches long. - She's a big baby!!! And I sure felt it!! But thanks to the epidural, I didn't really feel much until the very end. - I TOTALLY loved - and recommend - an epidural!!!!!

Here's Jordan before she was born. He had just eaten lunch, so he had lots of energy!


And here's our beautiful Claire right after she was born. She's being assessed by her nurse from the nursery.


The new and improved Cooper Family! And yes, I really was as tired as I look!
Here's a proud dad with our new little girl!

Jordan went out to get the family, and they all jumped up immediately when they saw him.
One set of proud grandparents!

Many more pictures were taken the day she was born, but we had so many cameras snapping photos that I don't have all of them at this point. As I get more, I'll post them up here.

This morning I actually got ready for the day, and I didn't have to go through labor again, so I look much better, (if I do say so myself!!) It's been wonderful to have lots of visitors from our family. Here are some of them.

Aunt Laura
Uncle Peter
Aunt Rebecca, Uncle Chris, and Grandpa
A four-generation photo! Grandmom, Julia, Claire, and GG (Great-Grandmom Griffin)

This afternoon, after Claire ate, she decided to collapse right on me. She slept here for about 2 and a half hours. It was so sweet!

We're so excited to have Claire with us!!! And I'm so grateful for Jordan. He is taking EXCELLENT care of me at the hospital. One of the nurses, who didn't know that he's a nurse, said, "You've got your own personal nurse here!" And I said, "Yes, I do!" He's so great! And so is Claire! We're looking forward to taking her home tomorrow!

9 comments:

Amber in Deutschland said...

Wow! Congratulations! You and Jordan made one good looking girl!! Best wishes!!

Mel said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures. I only wish we could be there. She's gorgeous!!!!

Mandi said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you! :) We wish we could be there to see you all in person but I guess that will have to wait...

I'll send you your other present now that we know she's a girl! :)

Miss you tons!

The Boulter Bunch said...

Congratulations, Julia & Jordan! We're so happy that all went well with Clair's entrance into the world-She is beautiful! With love from the Boulter Bunch

Rebecca Hickman said...

Mrs. Cooper! Everyone is so excited to see pictures and hear that everything is ok! Little Claire is super cute! The whole choir is glad to have a new honorary SLHS choir member! Much <3!!!

Katie said...

Congratulations to you both! She is beautiful!
Love, Katie and Bob Heller

JP and Katie said...

She's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!! Praising God for a healthy baby and healthy mommy!!

Catherine said...

Hooray! Congratulations, again. So cute!!

Amy & Mark said...

Congratulations, Coopers! Little Claire is a beauty -- can't wait to meet her in person. You make such an adorable family. We're so very happy for you!