Monday, October 25, 2010

7 Months!

Claire is 7 months old today!

She loves to army crawl around, and she does it quite a bit. She gets up on all fours sometimes, but she usually just plops down and uses her left forearm and her legs to move her little body along.

I love it when I get her up from a nap and carry her out of her room. She looks around with such expectancy to see if anyone else is here. It's very cute.

She's eating solid foods twice a day at this point. I think she likes oatmeal cereal better than rice cereal.

She loves any new toy she can find. Her current favorites: Jordan's Pepcid bottle and the door stopper in her room. (It makes a great noise when she lets go of it!)

She can now open her dresser drawer, (as she did here!) I bet her next step will be emptying the drawer!


She has not been sleeping through the night lately. I'm not a fan of that, but it's reality. She eats and then goes back to sleep after a few minutes of talking in her bed.

She is usually pretty good about entertaining herself. I love it when she just lies and makes her sweet baby noises as she plays.

She shows her excitement by shaking her arms &/or kicking her legs. For example, I usually take her with me to check the mail, and we go out the garage to do that. When I push the button to open the garage, she kicks her legs and shakes her arms and looks on in excitement as the door goes up. She does the same thing when we come back in and close the garage door.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I can't believe these babies are getting so old. happy lucky seven to Claire!

Laura Elizabeth said...

It's so hard to believe she's already 7 months! Where has the time gone?? I should be studying though, I have a test tomorrow...I'll call you after! She's too cute! :D