Saturday, October 9, 2010

Change Effective Immediately

As I've mentioned before, Claire is now going to sleep by herself. She naps in the swing, and she sleeps in her crib at night. Her routine still includes a loose, half-swaddle and a brief song, and then I put her down. I have been aware of one time when Claire has tried to turn over in her swing, and she has scooted down toward the edge a couple of times. So I kind of keep an eye on her.

A few days ago, I put her in her swing for her morning nap, and I didn't hear her for a few minutes, so I got in the shower. While I was still in the shower, I heard her crying, so I knew that she hadn't fallen asleep yet. I had the thought to pray that she would stay in her swing, and that, if necessary, angels would hold her in the swing. I continued with my shower, but when I got out, I went to check on Claire. This is how I found her.



I was frightened and thankful all at the same time. I put pillows and blankets on the floor around her, and I checked on her quite frequently. I also said more prayers - of gratitude that she was still in her swing (possibly thanks to angels - it's not like I usually pray for angels!) and asking that she would continue to stay in her swing and that I could be aware of her and get her out before she fell out. I saw her move once, but she stayed asleep. Just a few minutes later she began moving some more, so I just got her up. I didn't want to risk it!

So now Claire takes her naps in her crib, too. That change was definitely effective immediately!!!

1 comment:

Laura Elizabeth said...

I miss you two! Come back to Texas!!