Thursday, May 6, 2010

6 Weeks Old

I think it's silly to say that it has taken me almost six weeks, (because I figured this out a few days ago), to determine that Claire has red hair. When she was born, it looked strawberry blonde to me. Other people, strangers and friends/family alike, have commented about her blonde hair. Well, a few days ago, I saw Claire in the sunlight, and her hair no longer looks blonde to me - it looks red! And I think these pictures show her red hair pretty well, despite the red sheets in the background!



Today Claire heard some poems from Where the Sidewalk Ends. She was pretty calm while I read them. She heard her dad's favorite poem from that book - "The Crocodile's Toothache."

She has started to make a few sounds besides her usual cries, burps, and grunts. And she will respond sometimes to loud noises. (Thankfully she has not woken up from sleep because of loud noises, though!) She smiles as she goes to sleep. She gets the hiccups a lot. She will suck on her hands when we try to get her to burp in the middle of her eating. She makes funny faces and will sometimes follow the sound of certain voices, (like Mom's and Dad's). She sticks out her tongue a lot, and she moves her arms and legs like crazy when she's fully awake or getting her diaper changed.

No comments: