Monday, May 10, 2010

Belated Mother's Day!

Happy Belated Mother's Day! In this picture, there are 3 mothers, 2 grandmothers, 1 great-grandmother, and a cute little baby girl!


I had a wonderful mother's day weekend, thanks to my wonderful husband! All I wanted for mother's day was to go out to breakfast Saturday morning, (we went to Le Peep, and it was very good!), and I wanted Jordan to feed Claire in the night. He treated me to, not one, but TWO nights of sleep! - He fed Claire when she woke up on Friday night and Saturday night. (And one of those nights she woke up twice because her schedule was mixed up!) Thank you, Jordan, for giving me exactly what I wanted. I had two wonderful nights of sleep! (That's one benefit of pumping!!)

Then, on Mother's Day, Jordan made a wonderful dinner for us - his mom, grandmom, dad, and me. It was delicious!!! (And to quote Stevo, "In fact, this steak is one of the best I've ever had." - I know that made Jordan happy!)

It's fun to think that I've been a mother for all of 6 and a half weeks now. When I look back at the picture in this post and see Claire, it's amazing to me how much she has already changed!! And it's only been 6 weeks! Wow!

And to my mom, Happy Mother's Day, also! I'm so grateful for all that she has done and continues to do for me in my life. She is such a loving and kind person, and she is a wonderful example of serving selflessly and always being there. Through my experiences with Claire during the past 6 weeks, I have caught just a small glimpse of what my mom did for me and my siblings. Thank you for all of your sacrifice and hard work, Mom!

At this very moment, Claire is taking a much-needed nap. She needed it as much as I'm glad she's taking it! I've been able to make some calls - to the insurance company and about some bills. And I also have time to make this post. AND a super-exciting call that I got during her nap was from my credit union. They called to inform me that I won the drawing for a $100 gift card!! I think they said it was for teacher appreciation week. (I do know that I entered the drawing last week, but, since I'm not at school any more, I didn't remember that it was teacher appreciation week). I'm so excited!!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!

Lee Hervey said...

Thank you, Julia! I am so happy to be your mom and that you are a mom now! I miss you and Jordan and Claire!