Wednesday, August 25, 2010

5 Months Old

Claire is 5 months old today! So next month she'll be 6 months old, and that's half a year! Wow! Time flies when you're having fun!


I do have so much fun with Claire. I love getting to stay home with her. Every single moment is not always easy, but I know that even the harder times are worth it. For instance, it's not fun when she is soooo tired but still fights going to sleep. But when she finally does go to sleep, I love looking at her sweet, peaceful, beautiful face. And Claire is very rewarding, too. She gets so excited to see me, and it's times like that when I just tell her that I love her, too.

These days, Claire LOVES to play with - and especially to eat - her feet. She is still a runner; when I put her down, she'll often just move her legs like she's running. A couple of weeks ago at church, Claire was lying in my lap, and she was running, and my friend next to us got a real kick out of it! (Get it?!! Okay, sorry!) Claire has rolled over from her tummy to her back twice now, but she hasn't done it lately. She gets close, but she hasn't rolled over again. When she's lying on her back, she loves to try to see what's behind her; I'm sure this curiosity will help her roll over from her back to her tummy at some point. She smiles when someone says to her, "I'm gonna get you!" (That's what I did to get her to smile for this picture!) And she laughs/screams/squeals with delight if you say that to her and chase her around the house as you get her. (Someone else has to hold her, of course). That is so fun! She is also my Super Sleeper! She usually goes to bed between 10:30-11:30, and she usually sleeps until about 8:00. (I am REALLY thankful for that! - That helps me so much!) And when she does wake up in the mornings, she just talks and talks. It's pleasant to hear her sweet sounds on the monitor to wake me up in the morning. I remember when Claire used to have to work soooooo hard to move her hand to grasp a toy. Now when I put a toy in front of her, she gets really, really excited by it, and she reaches for it right away. She gave up her pacifier about a month ago. She used to want it when she was tired and crying. But about a month ago, she would cry even more if I tried to give it to her. So now she doesn't use it. Also, Claire loves playing with her dad. They have so much fun together!

Here's another example of something that's not so fun. Claire got up at about 11:30 to eat her lunch, and she was happy for about an hour. Then she went to sleep for 10 minutes. Since then, she has been tired, she has cried a lot, she has eaten again, and she has cried a lot more. But she won't go to sleep. She just wants to cry.

I have a video to post, but it won't upload. Hopefully I can upload it to another post soon.

No comments: