Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Kitchen

My mom and Jordan's mom got the kitchen basically unpacked on Tuesday, despite the heat. On Friday morning we were ready to tackle the task of arranging items above the cabinets. I began by cleaning off some of the dust that was up there.

Then came what I thought was the hard part: the actual arranging. I don't think I've ever done this before. My great-at-decorating sister-in-law, Mel, has always conveniently been around when I have moved, so she has always done this for me. But with my mom's ideas, Jordan's mom's reassurance, and by starting with one section at a time, I think it turned out pretty well! And it wasn't too hard, either!



We still need to hang things on the walls, but we're getting there!

4 comments:

Mel said...

It looks great! There's something about having a put-together ktchen that makes the whole house come together.

Catherine said...

looks good, guys. Like the new paint color too. Makes the white cabinets "pop."

Margie and Andrew said...

I APPROVE!! You did a great job! I love that kitchen!!!!

Laura Elizabeth said...

Good job Juls!!!

I LOVE the green walls!!!