Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I guess it's hard being 5 months old!

I had no idea how hard it could be to be 5 months old. I wrote today's previous post this morning around 11 and then waited for the video to upload. Since that didn't work, I just decided to post without the video, and I included a bit of an update of what had happened into the afternoon. Well, here's what really happened today:

8:15am - Claire wakes up, happy as can be, talking. She eats breakfast.
9:45am - Claire takes a nap
11:30am - I wake up Claire to eat lunch. (Yes, I wake her up in the day. And she sleeps beautifully at night!)
12:30pm - I get Claire to sleep, and I start making my lunch.
12:40pm - Claire wakes up and cries before my lunch is ready. I put her in her bouncy seat and eat lunch. She seems totally happy.
1:15pm - Claire seems tired again, which I understand. I try to get her to sleep. She cries, cries, and cries. At times she settles down, and I think she'll actually go to sleep. But she doesn't. I even put her in her crib for a bit, and she was fine for a few minutes, but then she started crying again.
1:45pm - Claire is still tired and crying. I begin getting a bottle ready for her.
2:00pm - Claire eats her afternoon snack and falls asleep half-way through the bottle, but I wake her up because I think that, if she finishes her bottle, she could sleep until 5:00pm. (Wrong!)
2:15pm - Claire is finished with her bottle and needs a diaper change. She spits up all over herself, so I change her outfit, too. (By the way, this was my 2nd time to change her outfit today because she spit up on it. I just don't remember when it happened the first time).
2:20pm - I try to get Claire to sleep, but she just won't have anything to do with it. But she's obviously very tired. I try many different ways to get her to calm down and sleep. She never goes to sleep.
3:00pm - I have had enough of the constant crying, and I need a break. So I put Claire in her crib to let her cry. She doesn't at first. I finish my post that I began this morning. Then I pump.
3:25pm - I'm finished pumping, and I say (another) prayer before I get Claire, who has been crying for quite a while now, from her crib. I calm her down.
3:35pm - I try to get Claire to sleep. It doesn't work.
3:45pm - I try another way to get Claire to sleep. She finally goes to sleep. At this point I'm thinking I have until at least 5:00 before she wakes up because she was sooooo tired, and I'm looking forward to accomplishing some things around my home.
4:15pm - I notice that Claire is awake, but I leave her alone because she isn't crying. Maybe she'll go back to sleep, right? (Wrong! - Again!)
4:25pm - Claire starts crying, again. I play with her and interact with her while I try to continue to organize the living room.
4:50pm - Claire starts crying, so I feed her dinner. During her dinner, she pooped. I went immediately to change her, but the damage had been done. I had to lay Claire down on her stomach to begin the diaper changing process, since poop was coming out of the back of her diaper. At this point I consider letting her just wear a diaper. But I put yet another outfit on her.
5:10pm - Claire is finished with her dinner and plays happily by herself in the living room.
5:45pm - Claire is tired, so I get her to sleep. This time it only took about 5 minutes.

So here's what she has (already) worn today:
  • PJ's
  • pink onesie with heart pants (She spit up on this).
  • red onesie, (the one Jordan and I got when we found out she's a girl) (She spit up on this one, too).
  • orange onesie (She wore this when she was crying in her crib for a long time. It was wet around her neck when I got her up from that, but I decided to keep her in that anyways). (She pooped on this one).
  • pink onesie with little hearts on it (keeping my fingers crossed!)
But even with all of this, it's hard not to smile when I see this sweet, (even if it is slobbery), face!

1 comment:

Laura Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a rough day, Claire-Bear! At least she's completely adorable! :-)