Sunday, August 22, 2010

Moving Day 2010 - Part 3

Tuesday morning I looked outside and was greeted by this sweet site:

This was finally the real moving day! We had been building up to this all summer, and it was finally here! So we headed towards Baton Rouge!!!! Jordan and Chris were in the truck, Jordan's mom drove her car, Rebecca drove one of our cars, and I drove our other car with Claire and my mom. Claire, my mom, and I took our time on the road, so we didn't caravan with the others. My dad and Peter also drove and met us there.

On the way, I got a phone call from the realtor. She told me she went to our condo that morning and left the keys inside. Then she gave me the bad news: Our A/C was broken. She said she had already called our landlord, Jason, and left him a message, and she was going to email him and call him again. But she just wanted to let us know.

To make matters worse, it was raining when the truck got here.


No, actually it was pouring. So everything was unloaded in the pouring rain.

Everyone got soaked! (Well, Claire and I stayed dry compared to everyone else, I guess. Everyone else was soaked to the bone!)

Thankfully, everyone helping us was a good sport about the rain.

It took 2 hours to unload the truck, and then Chris and Rebecca had to drive back to College Station.

With everything inside, the unpacking began. Here's the living room,
the bedroom,
the kitchen,
the bathroom,
and Claire's room.

We accomplished a lot on Tuesday, but it was so hot in our home! We had the windows up, but water got in, so we couldn't keep all the windows up the whole time. Claire got the coolest spot in the house: she hung out in the garage where she could feel an occasional breeze.
Once we had had enough, we went to a hotel that's about two minutes from our house. - And we get to subtract our hotel bill from our next month's rent! I'm very glad about that!

2 comments:

Mel said...

That is some big, ol', fat rain!

Laura Elizabeth said...

I heard about Dad's wipe out too...sounds like a rough day!!!