Friday, May 27, 2011

Garvan Woodland Gardens

After we toured the Fordyce, we ate lunch at Brick House Grill in downtown, and then we headed out to Garvan Woodland Gardens. I thought it was going to be a botanical garden - with lots and lots of flowers. But it was more woody than flowery. (I guess the name tells me that!) It was very nice. We walked around a lot and saw some great sights.

We did find some flowers, so we took some pictures.




We also saw some nice trees. This one had Japanese and lace in the name of the tree, but I don't remember exactly what else was in the name of it.

Jordan found a tree he really liked.

Oh, wait. He was just kidding about being a tree hugger.

I have no idea what kind of tree this is, but it was weird! It had a small trunk, it was a few feet tall, and the leaves grew out. None grew up. It looked like a round table of leaves!

We saw a few good views of Lake Hamilton.

I liked the bridges that we crossed.


Jordan spotted a lizard.

And I liked the view of the sky through the center of a pavilion.

It was nice to be on our own schedule and not to have to think about when Claire would need to be home for a nap or when she would need her next meal. We missed her very much, but it was also very nice to be away for a couple of days!

No comments: