Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Oh, it's great to be a mom. I love the laughs, smiles, and hugs from Claire. Lately, when I sing her her bedtime song, she rests her head on my shoulder, and it's so sweet. - I just keep singing and singing and singing so that I can continue to enjoy the sweet moment with Claire. It's wonderful.


And it's especially great to be a mom on Mother's Day because you get treated so well! This morning Jordan made me breakfast before church. This afternoon I got to take a nap. And one thing that was particularly enjoyable was that I didn't have to turn on the monitor! Usually, when I'm sleeping in my bed, the monitor is on because Claire is sleeping, too. But no monitor for me this afternoon! Awesome!!! Jordan made fajitas for dinner, and he is currently making some chocolate souffles. I can't wait to eat one!


I feel like I've been treated royally today, and I'm so thankful for that. That also makes me wonder, though, if I've ever contributed to helping my mom feel royal on Mother's Day.You certainly deserve it, Mom! I think it's so easy to be grateful for your mom, but, at least for me, until I became a mom myself, I didn't truly understand what it takes to be a mom. {And I know I'm just getting started!} Thanks for all you have done and still do for me! I'm so glad you're my mom! I love you!

P.S. The souffles are done! And they were delicious, too!

1 comment:

Amy & Mark said...

Happy Mother's Day to a beautiful mother! I'm just getting caught up on blog-reading and it's been so fun to see all your pictures! Can't believe how big Claire is getting -- she's adorable!