Sunday, May 29, 2011

Row, Row, Row Your Boat

After walking around the gardens, we went back to the cabin and took the row boat out for a spin.

Jordan did all the rowing, thankfully.

So I had the enjoyable job of taking pictures!
We saw this mallard the first day.

And we saw another one, (or maybe it was the same one), while we were in the boat.

Lake Hamilton is very big and very pretty. There were lots of houses and condos right on the lake.

This is the gazebo at the place where we stayed. The guy here told us that someone got married at the gazebo the weekend before we got there.

That night, we had a beautiful view of the moon from our balcony. I tried some different camera settings, and I got some good photos and some bad ones. I like this one because it looks kind of like a sunset instead of the moon.

But it really was the moon.

P.S. On the topic of Row, Row, Row Your Boat, sometimes I'll sing that song for Claire. When I do, sometimes she'll then sing her version of the words, "row, row, row." It's awesome! And I remember one time specifically this week when she sang the same note that I was singing, too! (But I won't go crazy and think that she's already matching pitch. It was just something that I noticed).

1 comment:

Dillon, Emily, Micah and Naomi said...

In the words of Dr. B..."Gifted!" And I think you might find this ironic...there is a word verification underneath this comment box so that I type a word in and it knows it is a person typing and not a computer scam. Anyways the word I have to type in is "sings". :