Saturday, June 25, 2011

15 Months

Wow, Claire is now 15 months old. It seems to me that she has gotten a lot older in the past month. I know, I know - 15 months isn't old. But she seems to have grown up a lot recently. With her helping and trying to say so many words, it really seems like she's getting bigger!

It's harder to take pictures of her now because she always wants to see the picture that I take on the camera. So she runs over to me when I get out the camera so that she can see what's on the screen. (That's why this picture is slightly out of focus). It's the same thing with the video camera.

Claire likes to read books. She most often brings them to me so that I can read them to her. If I'm sitting on the ground, she'll back up, by walking backwards, to get to my lap. I love that! We spend a lot of time doing this some days. She doesn't always sit with me for the entire book, but that depends on the book. - She's consistent about which books she'll sit through entirely, and she's even consistent about which page she'll sit through on the books she doesn't sit through entirely. But when she brings me a book when I'm not available to read it to her, I just ask if she can look at it, and she'll sit right down and look at it.

Claire really makes us laugh sometimes. She's just so happy and so funny. She will sometimes try to copy what we say. She loves being outside. She recently started climbing onto chairs and low tables. She's also beginning to learn how to play by herself. She usually prefers to be in the same room as me, but she occasionally will go into her room and play for a few minutes without me in there. (Hooray!!!) She does the best at playing by herself when Jordan and I are both home, but we're in different rooms. Then Claire comfortably goes from one room to the other room, and sometimes she'll take a detour to a room by herself.

We love our sweet little girl!

P.S. She has a doctor appointment on Tuesday, so I'll post the 15 month stats then.

No comments: