Sunday, June 5, 2011

Let's Go Mavs!!!

Part 2

I'm so excited that the Mavericks won game 2! I'm glad they came through at the end! I hope they win tonight, too!!!!

And now, back to our tour of the Mavericks practice/warm-up facilities. Donnie Nelson let us come in his office and talk with him.

The walls of his office are huge white boards. He has every player of every team in the NBA written on one wall. They are organized by position. He said his office is where all the trade talk happens. He comes up with lots and lots of trade possibilities, and of those, only 1% come to an actual possibility. Of that 1%, about half actually go through. On another wall, he has begun working on the draft. It was interesting to see all of this!

We also went to the locker room! Here's the floor in the middle of the locker room.

The ceiling

We were allowed to look at the lockers and to sit in the chairs, but we couldn't touch any of the players' personal belongings. The guy who showed us the locker room said that, before each game, each player will have a 5 minute video to watch about whoever he is guarding that night. The players watch the video right in their lockers. Here we are in Chandler's locker.

And here we are in Kidd's locker. (Can I just say that I can't really believe that he's still playing?! I'm glad he is, but I remember when he was on the Mavericks YEARS ago!!!)

On the top of some of the lockers, the players have some things on display. Beaubois has a bobblehead and some autographed shoes.

Dirk has a bobblehead of himself.

And Barea has some bobbleheads, but he also has this LittlePeople toy, which was given to him by his teammates as a joke because he's so short. AWESOME!!

We got to wear actual Mavericks warm-ups, too! So Marshall and I got some pictures in front of Dirk's locker.



Let's go Mavs!!!

1 comment:

Liz Marshall said...

Julia,

I am so jealous. I would have loved to go on this tour. I love the Mavs, and Dirk is my favorite.