Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Happy Helper

About a month ago, Claire helped me do something that I needed to do. She carried a package of toilet paper from the garage to my bathroom. I gave it to her and asked her to take it to my bathroom, and she went straight there. She was completely willing to help. That was a little eye-opening for me. - Not only does she understand and is she willing, but she's also capable.

During the past couple of weeks, Claire has really enjoyed putting our shoes away. There's a basket of shoes in our bedroom, and if I leave a pair of flip flops in the hall or the living room, she will put them in the basket for me. Sometimes I'm glad she puts them away for me, and other times I wish I had them again, but it's no big deal for me to get them out of the basket again. And I think it's wonderful that Claire is learning to help. It happens step by step, right?




She has also begun to put her books back on the shelf during the day sometimes. Together, we put them on the shelf every night before she goes to bed, but this week she has put them on her shelf a few times in the middle of the day. I love it that I can see her making connections and beginning to understand more about her little world and how it works.

No comments: