Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let's Go Mavs!!!

Part 3

Finally, we have the practice court for the Mavericks. Once again, I love the brick!

Donnie Nelson, the guy who made this whole experience possible
(Those boys seemed to have an awesome time, too! It was fun to watch them be excited).

There were only supposed to be 40 people there, but it seems like there were lots more than that. We were split up into groups to visit the different areas. While we were on the court, we got to warm up some and then play a few little games. During the warm-up, when I made a shot, I thought, "Awesome! I made a basket here!" Then I made another one, and I thought, "Cool! I've made 2 baskets here!" I think I stopped thinking that after making 3 baskets. - I realized that I had plenty of time to make some shots, and I was making plenty of shots. It was fun!


The games we played were short and fun. During one, everyone on each team had to dribble across the court (the short direction) and back with only their right hand. In another one, team members had to pair up, hold hands, and they each had to dribble across the court and back. We played some shooting games - with layups, with free throws, and even with granny-style free throws.


I had plenty of opportunities to take pictures!

Marshall at the 3-point line!


We liked this star on the edge of the court.

Marshall with a friend from the rodeo.

Come on, Mavs! We need a win tonight!

No comments: