Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dallas Arboretum: Chihuly

While we were in Dallas, we took a trip to the Dallas Arboretum with Laura and my mom. There is a Chihuly exhibit there right now. It was incredible to see his blown glass among the beautiful flowers and peaceful settings at the arboretum! I loved it! 

Last year I saw a Chihuly exhibit in Boston with my friend Kelly. Jordan was at a conference, and it didn't work out for him to see it, too. I'm glad he got to see Chihuly's work this time! 



Claire loved looking at any water she could find! 






She found the water again! And this time she got to touch it, too!






The setting here was BEAUTIFUL.



I liked these blue pieces in the running water.



 

More water! I told you she liked it!

This piece is called the Dallas Star. It makes me think of Reunion Tower.

While we were there, I tried to picture Chihuly walking around the arboretum as he decided which pieces would be displayed where. Doing that made it seem even more amazing.



It was all so beautiful and serene. I'm glad I got to see Chihuly's work again!

And after this awesome morning with Laura and my mom, we all went to ROSA'S!!! Talk about a fabulous day!

No comments: