Friday, June 15, 2012

We Made it to Arkansas!

Back in May, we went to Arkansas for a Cooper Family Reunion. We were on different committees to make sure everything would go smoothly. There was the food/meal planning committee, the evening activities committee, and, as I like to call it, the what-are-we-going-to-do-today committee. I volunteered to head up that last one. And before the committees even came about, I found the cabin - the Swaha House, right on Lake Greeson - where we stayed. I did a lot of planning to help make everything go smoothly, but as Jordan and I got closer to Lake Greeson, I couldn't help but feel a little anxious. I just hoped that the cabin would actually be nice. I just hoped that the lake would be suitable. I just hoped that everything we had decided to do would actually work out and be fun. I just hoped that no one would be bored. When we finally arrived, I felt so relieved! The Swaha House was amazing! The lake was stunning! And our vacation had begun!

 The Swaha House


The porch went around three sides of the house, and the weather was gorgeous. I really enjoyed that porch!

After some settling in, we took a walk and found the swimming area. When Kyle and Ryan got in the water with their clothes on, Claire immediately followed suit. She LOVED that! For WEEKS she had been wanting to go to Arkansas and see the water (and ride in a boat; but we'll get to that another day!) 



With a view like this, I knew I had nothing to worry about. The lake was beautiful, the cabin was great, and we'd have a fabulous time! 

No comments: