Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Gone Fishin'

I love fishing! I absolutely love it! So when I found out there was a fishing guide service available, I asked around and found some others who also wanted to go fishing. Steve, Jordan, and I went, (we missed you, Stephen!) and the others were kind enough to take care of Claire so Jordan and I could both go fishing. Fantastic!

We went with Action Fishing Trips, and Carlos was our guide. His grandson was on the boat, too, and he provided us with some amusing entertainment and conversation!

All geared up and ready to go!


I know some people's idea of the best day includes lounging out at the beach, the sun shining down on you, with sand between your toes. That's great for them. For me, I often prefer this: I'm relaxing on a boat on a pristine lake, I've got tennis shoes on, and I've got a fishing pole on each side of me. Now that's perfect. 

Just look at this beautiful lake! The Army Corps of Engineers maintains it, so individuals are not allowed to buy land that goes right up to the water. According to Carlos, that's why the lake is so clean.


With our guide's expertise, experience, (and expensive equipment), we started catching those fish!

I certainly caught more than my fair share, according to Steve and Jordan. - But I was manning two fishing poles, while they had just one each. 

It took Jordan a while to catch a fish. I guess the fish just didn't like his bait because they repeatedly passed it up and went for ours instead. And when he finally did catch a fish, he took the hook out of it, and then the fish jumped back into the water. Oops! We gave him a hard time about that! (And so did Carlos's grandson!) But Jordan finally started catching some, and no more fish jumped out of his hands!


We also saw a bald eagle while we were out fishing. We reeled in our lines and went a bit closer to it. When we got close enough, according to the eagle, it flew away. It was magnificent. I did my best with the camera, but it was difficult to get a good shot. Here are the best ones.


And then back to fishing! After half a day fishing, we had PLENTY!

Our catch! I think we have 35 here!


I caught some big ones!

Carlos filleted all our fish for us. Right now they're in our freezer. We need to have a fish fry soon! 

We had a great time fishing!

No comments: