Sunday, October 21, 2012

Circle of Toys

The toys in these pictures have been through the circle of life! They have been well-loved and well-used by many generations. I know my grandparents had them when I was little, and I wonder if my mom and her siblings played with them, too. I'm not sure. I am sure that I played with them, but I doubt that I ever used them like this!

Matt made some animal costumes out of them for Claire. First, we have the elephant (big ears, trunk), and she is holding a baby elephant.


Claire's trunk in action

Then Uncle Matt put it on, too.

Then, Matt made her an owl (big eyes, pointy ears). 

He's such a cool uncle! 

Claire loves the book Sam and the Firefly. In the book, Sam is an owl, so it was quite natural for her to ask Matt for a firefly next. (You know, harness and a headband).

 And this is my favorite part. - The light!

No comments: