Tuesday, October 16, 2012

North Dakota

A while back, we went to Minot, North Dakota. That's right, I said we went to North Dakota! It was for a job interview, and they flew the whole family up there! So Claire, Jordan, and I were able to see some of North Dakota, (and mark that state off our list of states we still need to go to), without too much expense on our part.

During Jordan's interview, Claire and I visited the Scandinavian Heritage Park. Claire was so happy to run around and play, and I enjoyed seeing all there was to see!

The Dala Horse - the national symbol of Sweden


The Gol Stave Church Museum


It was beautiful, but there's no heater inside! That would be COLD in the winters!!!! 


A sauna

Leif Eiriksson, Icelandic Explorer

Danish Windmill

FUN!

Hans Christian Andersen

Author of The Ugly Ducking




Claire loved the troll!


While we were there, we ate dinner with a group of CRNA's from the hospital, and we toured the town with a realtor. Claire and I tried to go to the zoo, but it was closed due to the extensive flooding last year. Claire and I ate lunch at Qdoba and realized we were sitting next to some LDS people, so we talked to them a little bit. We explored the mall a little and saw that there are campers/trailors in the center. (Just like there are kiosks in the center of the other malls I've gone to - there are campers in the middle of this mall! There's a big oil boom up there right now, and the housing market is not a buyer's market right now, so they are using creative marketing to show people some alternative housing options). We got to wear warm clothes and jackets! And in all of that, I only took pictures of Claire at the Scandinavian Heritage Park. But I couldn't let us leave North Dakota without some pictures of Jordan and me there! So we posed in front of the thriving Minot airport.


Jordan has had some other job interviews, too, so now we're in the process of waiting. I'm excited to find out where we'll be going next!

No comments: