Friday, October 26, 2012

Milestones

At the beginning of the year, I wasn't quite sure how we'd make it through the next 10 months. For 8 of those 10 months, Jordan was working away each Monday through Thursday. That means he left either Sunday night or early Monday morning, and he didn't usually come home until Thursday afternoon. His various clinical sites gave him lots of experience, and they also gave Claire and me a lot of alone time. I tried to fill at least some of my time with friends so that I could have some adult conversation between Monday and Thursday, and I tried to stay active with some hobbies.

On our way home from Dallas earlier this month, we stopped by one of Jordan's clinical sites to visit him. We saw the house where he stayed sometimes, we ate dinner together, and we visited the Mississippi River. We loved seeing him on a day in the middle of the week - instead of having to wait for a Thursday so he could come home!

Jordan's clinical site is in the background of this picture.  He had an awesome view!



I'm happy to report that we have made it through those weeks and months with Jordan away! That part of his schooling is finished! We are looking forward to the next milestones: being completely finished with clinicals, getting a job, graduating, planning for our move, (since right now we don't know where we're going!), and taking the national board test to get certified as a CRNA. We both can't wait! I'm just happy that one of these major milestones is complete. When we're faced with something hard, it can seem daunting at first; but if we just keep trucking along, we eventually get through it. As weird as it seems for me to be saying this, I feel like the past 10 months have gone by rather quickly! I'm so happy to have Jordan home each day after work again! And I can't wait for the next milestones we get to achieve!

No comments: