Sunday, September 4, 2011

Commonwealth Avenue

I meandered down Commonwealth Avenue one morning while Jordan was at the conference. I frequently walked down Newbury Street, which was lined with shops and shops and shops, to get where I was going. But Commonwealth Avenue is just a block or two north of that shop-lined street, and it had a completely different feel to it. It was actually very nice to experience the different feel that it had.



Statues dotted the extra-large median at each block.




Here's a memorial to firefighters who died after putting out a fire at the Hotel Vendome. Four floors collapsed without warning, and investigations revealed that they collapsed because of structural weaknesses.

More pretty buildings on Comm Ave.

I like seeing buildings like this because I just don't see them where I usually am.

No comments: