Monday, September 26, 2011

My Little Red Raider!!!

Claire has a little Red Raider cheer leading outfit that almost fits her, so I brought it with us when we went to Lubbock. - It was the perfect opportunity to let her break it in!

I had to hold her like this so she would stay with me. - She wanted to go see the water behind us!

She finally got to the water!


Guns up!!

She's so much happier here than she was at the Texas Tech Seal!


Will Rogers on Soapsuds - Claire loved seeing the horse! She said, "Neigh!"

My little Red Raider! (I say my little Red Raider because Jordan thoroughly disapproves. I'm sure he'd want everyone to know that he disapproves, too. But I completely approve of it! - I did go to school at Texas Tech, after all, and I'm proud of it!!) :-)


Claire found the dog!

This was the best part of being on the Tech campus with Claire. It didn't go well at all. (Picture this: She had a fever that morning, which must mean that she was developing her two ear infections that she got. She was tired enough that day that she asked to take not one, but two naps! She had never before asked to take a nap. And she hasn't taken two naps in one day for months! It was hot. And this was our last picture-taking stop). But despite all of those obstacles, the historical aspect of this last stop was the best part. Here are the best pictures we got of Claire with the 3 bricks honoring her family members.



Great Granddaddy Hervey: H. C. Hervey, BA 1929, MA 1930 (He received one of the first two Master's degrees from Texas Tech University).
Great Grandmother Hervey: Lois Gable Hervey, BA 1930 (For a long time, at least until the 1960's, she was the youngest graduate of Texas Tech University; she was 19 when she graduated. And Claire's middle name is Lois, after this Great Grandmother Lois).
Granddad: Richard Lee Hervey, BS 1973

And there is more history, (just without bricks):
Mom: Julia Hervey Cooper, BM 2004
Uncle Stephen: Stephen Scott Cooper II, BSN 2006
Aunt Laura: Laura Hervey Tovar, BBA 2011
Uncle Matt: Mathew Stephen Tovar, BS 2011

I loved sharing that heritage with Claire! But the moment didn't last long. We had to get this girl home!

Wreck 'em Tech!

No comments: