Thursday, September 15, 2011

Welcome to Lubbock

Yesterday, Claire and I flew to Lubbock. Our first flight went pretty well. We had two seats because the flight wasn't full. Claire moved around in our little space like crazy, but at least we had a little space for her to move around in. She only screamed once, and it was because she was happy and excited about something.

During our layover, she ran around and got some energy out, and it seemed to me like she was a little bit hyper. When we got on our second flight, which was basically completely full, I told her it was time for her to take a nap. I sang the bedtime/nap time song to her, and she looked at me like I was crazy. But then, after getting comfortable, she fell asleep in about 30 seconds. She slept the entire flight! (All 50 minutes of air time! But something is better than nothing!) That was wonderful!!

Aunt Laura picked us up, and Claire started asking for Uncle Matt. He was still at school. Even today, she keeps asking for him. I keep telling her he's at school, and we'll see him later. Last night we went to Abuelo's for dinner, (YAY for good Mexican food!!!), and today we went to Rosa's for lunch! Besides seeing family, I don't think there's a better welcome to Lubbock than that!

No comments: