Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful for: Claire - 20 Months!

I am soooooooo thankful for Claire! She makes me smile so, so much! I love her dearly! I am so blessed to be her mom, and I am so thankful she's in our family. Wow, it's been a fun 20 months with her so far!


She is doing better and better at playing by herself and keeping herself entertained for short periods of time. Her imagination is developing, and it's so fun to watch it grow. I love being able to "eat" something that Claire gives me from a container she pulled out of the cabinet. I love it that she shares that "food" with her baby and stuffed animals, too.


Claire is an all-around happy camper, you could say. She's simply a happy girl. Tonight, when Claire did cry about something, my dad said, "That's the first time I've heard her cry all week." I'll take that! That's super!

During the past month, Claire has gotten another top tooth in the back. And within the past week or so another tooth in the front on the bottom has started to come in.

Claire is still very talkative and has started to repeat the last words that I say. She loves to color, read books, and play outside. She loves seeing water -- whether it's a big fountain she can see from the car, a little fountain she can see in the hot tub from my parents' back door, or puddles on the ground -- she LOVES seeing water!

I'm thankful that I get to have so much fun with Claire. I'm thankful that I get to teach her and love her and care for her. I'm thankful to be Claire's mom!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I was thinking about her today! Happy 20 months!