Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful for: Cousins

I'm thankful for cousins! I have so many great memories of playing with my cousins. With some, I played detective at Grandmom's house. With some, I played dress up. With some, I rode on their backs and shoulders. With some, I went to the ice cream store where they worked. With some, I played unending card games. I had a great time with them!

Now that we're older, we don't play detective, and we don't ride piggy-back anymore. But I'm still thankful for the times I get to see my cousins. We do a cousin Christmas gift exchange each year, and this year I have realized how glad I am to have that connection with my cousins each year. My cousins are good people, and even though we've grown up and we're not around each other much, it's still fun to let them know we're thinking of them!

I know Jordan is glad he was raised around so many of his cousins. He wouldn't want it any other way. I don't remember where I read this recently, but I read that cousins are our first friends. How true!

Claire and I are in Dallas this week, and Taylor has been with us some. It's been so fun to see Claire and Taylor play together. It's been sweet to hear Claire ask where Taylor is and to say, "Hi Taylor!" It's been wonderful to see Taylor playing so nicely and sweetly with Claire. And I can't wait until later in the week when we'll get to see Marcus, too! I know Claire will love having another cousin around!



No comments: