Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful for: Neighbors

Today I'm thankful for my neighbors. I'm thankful that I actually know my neighbors. After living in apartments for 10 years and not knowing the neighbors, it's really, really nice to know my neighbors now.

There's Maria. Every time I see her, she sends me home with something. One time it was this red jacket that Claire is wearing in these pictures. Last week it was cupcakes and some other food. One time it was a baby pool and a booster seat. - It does help that she has a daughter who has outgrown all of these items. Also, she waters my plants when we're out of town.


Then there's Jennifer. I've called her to come watch Claire when I needed to leave, but Jordan wasn't home from work yet. It was almost 7pm, so I figured he'd be home by then, so I didn't have any other plans lined up for someone to watch her. Just last week I borrowed an egg from her. We sometimes happen to meet at the park at the same time as we are walking (with my daughter and her dog).

And there's also the conversation, the relationship that we're developing. When we see each other, we talk and get to know each other. I know some activities that Maria's daughter and Jennifer's daughter are involved in. I learn about some things that are happening in their own lives. They know the latest thing that Claire is doing. And we watch out for each other. It's nice to have someone nearby to do that for. Jennifer called me once when she saw that I had left the garage open right after we left. It's nice to have someone so close who asks me for help, too. I've taken Jennifer's daughter on walks so she could walk their dog when Jennifer broke her leg. I've taken care of Maria's dog when she was out of town. I'm really thankful for neighbors. I'm thankful that I feel more comfortable leaving Claire with a babysitter because I know I have competent, caring neighbors nearby if something were to go wrong.

And I'm also thankful that Maria doesn't mind if Claire explores her little yard and sits on her little bench. Thank you, wonderful neighbors! It's so nice knowing you!!

{Here are some pictures of Claire in Maria's little yard. Claire loves to play and explore here!}




No comments: