Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful for: Family

I am so thankful for this little family of mine! I know I'm becoming a better person as a member of this family. I'm trying to become more patient, more giving, and less self-centered as I serve my family. Claire and Jordan bring oodles of joy to me every day! They certainly make me smile, and they also know how to make me laugh! Life is better with family - immediate and extended. Take five minutes to share a moment of your love and your life with a family member you don't usually see or spend much time with. They'll appreciate it, and family bonds will be strengthened. Family is Everything.


On a side note, Jordan and I went to a friend's house last night to watch the LSU vs. Alabama game. I knew it was going to be a party, but I didn't understand the seriousness of this party until we got there! They had a big screen out in the back with the TV picture projected onto it. They had couches, chairs, and camp chairs outside. There was food galore. They had real, plastic LSU Tiger cups for each family to take home and use again and again. And there were lots and lots of people!

Jordan let me wear his LSU shirt, and he was left with his Montana State shirt. - At least it's the right color! It was amusing that some people actually noticed that his shirt said Montana State. Claire stayed home with a babysitter, which was super nice because we didn't have to keep tabs on her, keep her warm, keep her entertained, or keep her up late, and Jordan and I were able to stay and watch the whole game! The LSU fever is certainly contagious around here! I'm definitely still a Red Raider fan, and Jordan is definitely still an Aggie fan, but Geaux Tigers!

3 comments:

Hubba said...

How much did bando pay you to say "Jordan is definitely still an Aggie fan"? Cause Stephen and I aren't convinced.

Anonymous said...

Hubba i heard that you are now #4 on the list of Aggie fans, Bando took over #3
Skonkdogg

BRENTandROBIN + three said...

We were certainly glad to have you guys there. Hoping to covert you two completely to Tiger Fans!