Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful for: Talents

I'm thankful for my talents. I'm thankful that I've been able to develop some talents that I've been blessed with. I'm thankful that I can/get to/love to play the piano. I'm thankful that I can feel peaceful when I play. My college piano professor has a sign on her door. It says something along the lines of, "She who plays the piano stays sane. ~Italian Proverb" I couldn't agree more with that!

I'm thankful that I got to teach high school choir for six years. I'm thankful that I was able to love my job. I'm thankful that I could work everyday with music and kids.

I'm thankful that I get to share my talents with others. I seem to do that most frequently at church as a pianist. I'm thankful for the new opportunity I have to play the organ at church. I've always loved the organ, and now I have the chance to (hopefully) develop my ability to play the organ. - Maybe it will become a talent, too.

And I'm thankful for my daughter - for helping me play the pedals when I play the piano. I love her!




No comments: