Sunday, November 4, 2012

Swamp Tour

A couple of weeks ago Stephen, Mel, and their boys came to visit us. I'm so glad they came! Jordan was able to take a couple of days off of work, so we planned some fun outings. Our first stop was a swamp tour on the Atchafalaya Basin.





I love these two kids!


I've driven over this basin more times than I can count, but I had never been ON the basin. I like the view from the boat much better than from the car!


We saw a couple of gators and some baby gators, but they weren't very active. 

 We did see plenty of birds.


And we made it all the way to the bridge that goes over the basin. Thank you, Interstate 10, for serving us well for such a long time!


Looking at the wildlife


Have I mentioned on the blog that Claire is all things baby? She loves anything having to do with them. So we made sure to get a picture of her with baby Evan.

All the kids got to drive a little bit. Claire was excited. - And Mr. Curtis was really nice.



Even Evan got a turn. - Look at him go!

 We had a great beginning to our week of fun!

No comments: