Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful for: Simplicity

I'm thankful for simplicity. Don't get me wrong - many times I really enjoy going all out for something, whether it's a dinner with friends at my house or making some Halloween food that's fun and interesting. But today I'm thankful for simplicity.

We had some friends over for dinner tonight, and my only thought about preparing for it was that I wanted it to be simple. So we made it simple. We bought things like pre-made guacamole and pre-cut fruit. (I NEVER do that!) We used paper plates. We Jordan made everything early so I didn't even have to do much. And it was lovely. It was fun, comfortable, relaxing, enjoyable, and simple.

Sometimes it's just nice to take it easy and make it simple. {Kind of like this post!} Try it. You might like it.

No comments: