Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful for: America

This morning Claire and I bundled up in our jackets and took a walk to the polling site. It's immediately behind our condo complex. Talk about convenient! On our way there, I told her we were on our way for me to vote. I know she has no clue what that means, but I wanted her to know it's important to vote. I wanted her to know that people have sacrificed so that we can vote. So I began explaining some of that to her, and then I found myself getting emotional - because it really DOES mean that much to me. I truly am grateful for America and all the good that it entails. I am thankful for the Founding Fathers who established this nation. I am thankful for all the soldiers, from before 1776 through now and even beyond, who sacrifice so much so that the rest of us can be free. I am thankful that I am an American. I'm not the most eloquent writer. I'm not the best at penning all my thoughts about my gratitude. But I am sincerely thankful for this great country. God Bless America!

No comments: