Monday, July 6, 2009

Frankfurt

We went on the train into Frankfurt with Arnold, and we walked to his office building with him. Here are Mandi, Marie, and Sam in front of the building where Arnold works.


I liked how this building looked!

We walked down a bit from Arnold's building, and we got to the old Frankfurt Opera House!


Mandi and Sam at the fountain in front of the Opera House

We continued walking and got to a square with lots of cool buildings. This was a pretty mosaic.


Laura and I both love to take pictures, and we have similar cameras, but she has two lenses. So we worked out a plan where we had different lenses on our two cameras. I took this picture:

And Laura took this one: (I love her lense that zooms so much!!!)

A pretty church



Doesn't this look German?!! I love it!


This is another building in the square.

Also in this square, we saw lots of kids sitting on boxes. It looked like they were having class. There were at least 3 or 4 different classes - each with their own circle of boxes.
I bet they enjoyed having recess out here!

And the news was there. We found out that this school doesn't have enough room or money for its students, so they were holding classes in this square for the entire week to raise awareness.

We also walked along the Zeil, which is a street that is well-known for its shops. A guy happened to be on the street doing a fruit carving demonstration. (He could have been selling stuff, too, for all I know, but since I don't speak German, I don't know!!!)

I absolutely loved this!!!!

We bought some watermelon and some cherries from this fruit stand. YUM!

Then we went back to Mandi and Arnold's, and Laura and I took a nap and then packed everything up to go catch the night train. We took this right before we left. Thanks, Mandi and Arnold, for letting me come and stay with you and for taking such good care of me and for letting me have fun with you!!! I had a fabulous time! - And next time, I'll definitely bring Jordan!

No comments: