Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Night at the Ballgame...

... with Grandmom and Mom!!!

Grandmom's church choir from St. Luke's United Methodist Church sang the National Anthem at the Astros game Tuesday night! Pretty cool, huh? My mom and I went to the game to watch her sing. It was fun!


It was too bad, though, that the announcer and the scoreboard gave the wrong information. See? My mom and I were sitting in the block of group tickets that St. Luke's got, and the other people there said to each other, "So we're Episcopal now?!!" Grandmom said it's because St. Luke's Hospital, which is a sponsor of the Astros, is St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital.



Grandmom is in the center of the big screen in this picture!



We stayed through the end of the 7th inning, and then we left to go somewhere else that was even more exciting. What can be more exciting than baseball in the summer? (Especially when the roof of Minute Maid Park is closed, so it's not hot while you watch baseball?!!)


Chocolate, of course!!! We went to the Chocolate Bar!

Look at some of the things they have!!! YUM!! (I had a mint Milano, a chocolate-covered orange slice, and a chocolate-covered strawberry!)



I asked the guy who helped me if he liked working there, and he said, "I'm in heaven. And they pay me cash to work here!" He said he makes all the ice cream, and he gets to make the candies, and he gets to work in heaven. (He's the one locking the door. We walked in at about 9:58, and they closed at 10:00. I'm glad we made it!)



Do you think we had enough food? It was pretty good!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

That looks so yummy! Was it a Mint Milano cookie dipped in chocolate? Great, Julia, now I want some chocolate. Thanks for that.

:) Looks like you had fun with your mom and grandmom!

Dillon, Emily, Micah and Naomi said...

YUM!!!

Rebecca Cooper said...

I would leave a baseball game for chocolate anyday!!

Julia said...

Yes, it was a mint Milano cookie completely covered in chocolate! And it was fantastic!!! Go ahead and have some chocolate! It's worth it! :-)