Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mandi & Arnold's

So I am going to begin blogging (in more detail) about my trip! And I'll start with my time at Mandi and Arnold's house.

Here is Mandi on her street. We talked with one of her neighbors one morning, (the neighbor spoke English), and she was very nice.


Sam certainly enjoyed his YUMMY crepe with Nutella! I had a great time seeing and playing with Sam and Marie! (And I enjoyed eating my crepe with Nutella, also!)

We went to two different grocery stores while I was there. One was quite large, and it had 2 stories. It had an escalator ramp, (instead of stairs), so you could go upstairs and shop! It was pretty cool! The other one was nice and small. At both of them, though, the shopping cart system was the same.


The carts are chained together. In order to get a shopping cart, you have to put in a token or one Euro. When you put in your token, the chain of the previous cart pops out. When you return the cart and put in the chain of the previous cart, your token pops out! So the parking lots there were very orderly because there were no stray shopping carts!


The town they live in, Windecken, is a lovely little town that is very quaint! While walking through the town, I saw many beautiful rose bushes that were bursting with gorgeous roses! This is their front yard. Isn't it just beautiful?!!


This is part of their backyard. Once again, I love the roses!


They have current bushes in the yard, too, and they were tasty.

And here is their garden. See the peas growing?

1 comment:

Tasha said...

Aldi! I have a friend here who used to go to Aldi all the time when she lived up north. She LOVES it and talks about it all the time. And apparently she heard that they're building one in Garland or Rowlett or something....