Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Random Venice

Here are some random pictures from Venice.

We both had lasagna bolognese at this restaurant. (Laura enjoyed it more than I did). But it was a nice little place on the top of a bridge.

When we were finished, we went outside and took some pictures.

Then, without being asked, the guy whom I think was the owner of the restaurant came out and offered to take a picture of both of us!!!! That was so nice!

Then, he had us stand by the restaurant so we could have a picture with the restaurant and the flag, too. All the people we met in Italy were really, really nice. We didn't meet a mean one! The only one who was a bit annoyed with us was the lady on the train who messed up our ticket, but another really nice Italian who spoke English helped us out then, too. It was really nice to feel welcome in a foreign country. Our first taxi driver told us that Italians love their tourists, and he was definitely right!!!

In Venice we stayed at a little place called Casa Cosmo. It was awesome!!! It's a tiny place with only five rooms, but we really, really enjoyed it! I completely recommend it to anyone going to Venice! It was very quiet, and yet it was really close to some of the main attractions, too. Each morning, a member of the Cosmo family brought us our breakfast. The packages on the bottom left of the tray had toast inside!

Our second night in Venice, we ate at Trattoria Pizzeria Nono Risorto. Laura ordered a pizza that came with bacon on it. - How about that bacon?!!!

And I got some pasta. (I wasn't too bold when it came to deciphering a menu or trying something new).
A pretty view

I think this was a hotel. It seemed pretty fancy!


Laura and I went shopping in a department store called Coin. (Coin has 2 distinct syllables; it's not how we say coin). And I just had to pause by the Clinique counter and get this photo for Lou!

I took this picture because of the Brasil factor, and this guy saw me with the camera, and he stopped and posed for me. I guess he's the owner. (It's too bad that some lady walked into the view of the camera at that moment!)

A FedEx boat!

A construction boat

Laura and I loved Venice!!!!

No comments: