Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hessenpark

Also on Saturday, we went to Hessenpark. It is an open-air museum that shows some of what Germany was like long ago.

These are some shops and restaurants you see before you actually get inside Hessenpark.


Arnold and Sam on a train car! - Sam LOVES trains!!!

I love windmills! (But this one doesn't look like the ones I've seen in West Texas!)

Mandi and Marie having a good laugh!


The buildings in Hessenpark were either picked up and moved there, or they were taken apart and then rebuilt with the same materials once they were in Hessenpark. (I'm not sure which one - but you get the idea. Maybe Arnold can help with this?)

There was a car show the day we went.

I thought this display was great! (- because of the trailer!) I also really like the building on the left because of the blue outlines.

Here is the old pharmacy.

It was fun to see all these neat buildings and to spend a lovely day outside in Germany!

1 comment:

Arnold LvE said...

I think both. As I understand it, some of the houses are moved whole (a la white trash trailer house style), others are taken apart and rebuilt.