Monday, July 6, 2009

Our Way to the Train

I walked to the train stop in Windecken three times while I was there. The first time, I don't think I brought my camera. (It was my first morning there, and I wasn't feeling so well). We walked with Arnold to the train on his way to work. We walked through the center of town and saw the butcher, the bakery, and many other places. On our way back through town, we stopped at the bakery and bought some bread. It was wonderful, delicious, and fresh!!

The second time I walked to the train stop, we were also walking with Arnold on his way to work, but this time we went with him on the train into Frankfurt. We walked him all the way to his office building, and then the rest of us, (including Laura), explored some of Frankfurt. But on our walk through town, instead of going through the center of town, we walked up a hill to see the castle that is in the town.


I think the stone you can see here is part of the old city wall. Or is it part of the old castle wall? (Mandi, Arnold - let me know if you can. Thanks!)



I was running late that morning, so we had to hurry to the train stop. So I didn't get to take any more pictures of the town. But we made it to the train stop in time to buy tickets to go into Frankfurt, and we even had a few minutes to take a few pictures while we waited for the train to arrive.

Arnold's such a funny guy!



The whole gang

And then the train came! We hopped on and went into Frankfurt.

The other time I walked to the train stop, Laura and I went by ourselves with all of our luggage, and we were headed for Florence! It had rained some that day, and it was still drizzling some. We were in a hurry to make sure we got there on time, too. So, for all of those reasons, we didn't take any more pictures of the town on our way. But I'm glad I have the ones we did take!

Note: From the moment that Laura directed me to the train stop the 3rd time I had walked there, she was the navigator! She is really, really good at that, and I am really, really not! So I thoroughly enjoyed being able to not worry - or even think about - where we were going and how we needed to get there! Thanks, Laura! You did an awesome job the entire trip!!! :-)

1 comment:

Arnold LvE said...

it is from the castle.